The article “3 Ways LDS Leaders Can Help Kids Who Have Seen Pornography” in Leading LDS gives great counsel on how parents and leaders can help teens. Here are some key points from the article:
- Help teens recognize the feelings, thoughts, and environments that trigger pornography use. Once a youth understands their triggers, they may need assistance making a plan for what new action they will take when these triggers arise. What will they do when they have the desire to watch porn? How can they channel those uncomfortable feelings into a new action?
- Pornography teaches false sexuality and false relationships. Parents need to teach about true sexuality and help their teens build skills to develop true relationships.
For more information:
- Read the whole article “3 Ways LDS Leaders Can Help Kids Who Have Seen Pornography” at Leading LDS.
- Read other articles about pornography at LDS Media Talk.
- See a list of resources in overcoming pornography.