A series of new videos published on the Mormon Channel reassure those who may feel unwelcome in the Church that they are loved and needed. The videos, featuring 5 Apostles and 2 General Officers of the Church, encourage members to love and accept others, regardless of perceived differences.
Here are some of the key messages from the videos:
- People who attend church should be uplifted and inspired, and not feel judged or unneeded.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ does not marginalize people. People marginalize people.
- Whatever our condition at the moment may be, the Church is here to sustain you.
- As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are called upon to see the worth and potential of every soul.
- Each person has unique insights, perspectives, and talents that enrich and strengthen our gospel community.
- All of us have glorious possibilities through Christ to contribute richly to the kingdom of God.
- All of us struggle and are in need of His redeeming and enabling love.
- As we bear one another’s burdens, we will discover our divine potential.
The videos are shown below. You can also access this playlist that will play all the videos in sequence.
Learn more in the article “Leaders in Video Series Affirm All Have a Place in Christ’s Church.”
If you want to download these videos for use offline, go to the LDS.org Media Library > Topics > Diversity. As you view each video, click the Download link in the bottom right below each screen.