The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints invites people around the world to participate in messages of inspiration and guidance at the LDS general conference twice a year. In these meetings, the First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and General Officers of the Church deliver messages of inspiration and guidance.
Saturday, September 24, 2016
General Women’s Session (6:00 p.m.) for women, young women, and girls eight years of age and older
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Saturday Morning Session (10:00 a.m.) for everyone
Saturday Afternoon Session (2:00 p.m.) for everyone
General Priesthood Session (6:00 p.m.) for men and young men 12 years of age and older
Sunday, October 2, 2016
Sunday Morning Session (10:00 a.m.) for everyone
Sunday Afternoon Session (2:00 p.m.) for everyone
All sessions will be streamed live on the home page of LDS.org. They are also available via the Church satellite system, Mormon Channel, radio, television, satellite, and other digital channels. See Viewing Times and Options for more details. For specific times, languages, and rebroadcast information, refer to the Church broadcast schedule.
Here are 8 ways that you can participate in LDS general conference:
#1: In Person
- Attend the live satellite or Internet broadcast in your meetinghouse. Check with your leaders to determine when and where it will be shown. For broadcast times and options, see the satellite broadcast details. To find a meetinghouse anywhere in the world, visit maps.lds.org.
- Attend the live event in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. See ticket information.
Live video in 27 languages. Some languages will appear on the home page of LDS.org and others will appear on the language pages.
Live video in the following 12 languages: American Sign Language, Cantonese, English (including closed captioned), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese (including closed captioned), Russian, and Spanish (including closed captioned).
|BYUtv.org and BYUtv International
Live video and audio in English
Live video in the following 11 languages: Cantonese, English (including closed captioned), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese (including closed captioned), Russian, and Spanish (including closed captioned).
Closed captions are available at LDS.org in English, Spanish, and Portuguese by choosing the CC button on the LDS Media Player (Flash). Also available in English on Apple iOS devices by going to the video settings on the device and turning on closed captions.
#3. Mobile App
Mormon Channel mobile app
Video and audio in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Video and audio in English
Video and audio in Spanish and Portuguese
|Mormon Channel on Roku
Video in the following 11 languages: Cantonese, English (including closed captioned), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese (including closed captioned), Russian, and Spanish (including closed captioned). (Search for general conference under the “Spiritual” category.) Available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Canada.
|Local TV||Check local program listings for availability in your area or visit bonneville.info or KSL.com.|
Audio is available through various radio stations, including Mormon Channel HD Radio, KSL Radio, BYU Radio (online and SiriusXM), and Internet radio stations throughout the world. For listings, visit bonneville.info.
#6: Social Media
- Follow the members of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Facebook and Twitter for more inspiration during general conference weekend and throughout the rest of the year.
- The Church’s Facebook and Twitter accounts will also be sharing the posts and tweets from the Brethren.
- The Church’s Twitter and Instagram accounts will share text, photos, memes, and videos.
- Video cached streams of the full sessions will be available right after each session ends. Divisions into individual talk and music segments in many languages will begin appearing after 8 hours and will be completed within 24 hrs of the broadcast on conference.lds.org, podcasts, iTunes, and YouTube.
- Video and audio will be available on LDS.org in over 80 languages and on the Mormon Channel in iTunes (in many languages) within 8 hrs of the broadcast.
- Written summaries of the talks will be posted shortly after each session.
- English text will be available at conference.lds.org and in the Gospel Library mobile app a few days after conference. Text in other languages will be posted in the following weeks.
- Read more detailed information about when general conference addresses will be available in video, audio, and text formats.
#8: Physical Copies
You can read and study general conference afterward using the following:
- Find all conference talks in printed copies of the November issue of the Ensign and Liahona magazines. The November issues of the New Era and the Friend also contain conference messages and features. You can subscribe to get an extra conference issue of the Ensign and Liahona.
- Physical DVDs and audio CDs, which you can pre-order now at store.lds.org and they will be shipped as soon as they are available. (You can also subscribe to have the DVDs or CDs sent to you automatically every conference.)
For more information, see The Complete Guide to Attending General Conference.