Over the weekend, more than 2 million people from nearly every country in the world watched LDS General Conference in person or by satellite broadcast, television, radio, online, or with mobile apps. Here is a list of all the ways people could watch conference. Over a million visitors watched conference from LDS.org.
Interpretation into 93 languages made it possible for 97% of the Church’s 15 million members to watch conference in their native language. For the first time in the history of LDS General Conference, some of the speakers gave their talks in their native tongue, rather than in English, requiring for the first time interpretation into English.
As usual, members also flocked to social media during general conference to share their testimonies and quotes from their favorite talks. The Church facilitated the sharing of those messages by posting quotes, memes (graphic images with quotes), and video highlights in real time during the conference sessions. Access those social media posts through the Follow and Share Conference Messages page. Learn more about the Church’s use of social media during conference.
Access to video, audio, and text:
- Videos are posted at conference.lds.org, on the LDS General Conference YouTube channel, and in the Gospel Library mobile app.
- Highlight videos from each talk are also available on the LDS General Conference YouTube channel, and by Tuesday, at conference.lds.org on the pages of the individual talks when the text is posted.
- Text of each address will be posted on Tuesday at conference.lds.org and shortly thereafter in the Gospel Library mobile app.
- Musical selections from the sessions can be watched by clicking Show Music at the top of the page at conference.lds.org. You can also access an index of general conference music at GCmusic.lds.org.
- Visual quotes (memes) have been posted to the social media pages of the speakers on Facebook. and Google+. By Tuesday, visual quotes will also be posted at conference.lds.org on the pages of the individual talks.
- See more information about when general conference and general women’s meeting addresses will be available in video, audio, and text.
Below are links to summaries of the talks provided by the Deseret News:
Saturday Morning Session
- President Monson: “Welcome to conference”
- President Boyd K. Packer: “The reason for our hope”
- Elder Lynn G. Robbins: “Which way do you face?”
- Sister Cheryl A. Esplin: “The sacrament a renewal for the soul”
- Elder Chi Hong (Sam) Wong: “Rescue in unity”
- Elder D. Todd Christofferson: “Free forever, to act for themselves”
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: “Receiving a testimony of light and truth”
Saturday Afternoon Session
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks: “Loving and living with differences”
- Elder Neil L. Andersen: “Joseph Smith”
- Brother Tad R. Callister: “Parents: The prime gospel teachers of their children”
- Elder Jorg Klebingat: “Approaching the throne of God with confidence”
- Elder Eduardo Gavarret: “Yes, Lord, I will follow Thee”
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: “Seek opportunities to care for the poor”
- Elder L. Tom Perry: “Finding lasting peace and building eternal families”
- Elder Quentin L. Cook: “Choose wisely”
- Elder Craig C. Christensen: “I know of these things of myself”
- Bishop Dean M. Davies: “The law of the fast”
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: “Lord, is it I?”
- President Henry B. Eyring: “The preparatory priesthood”
- President Thomas S. Monson: “Guided safely home”
Sunday Morning Session
- President Henry B. Eyring: “Continuing revelation”
- Elder Russell M. Nelson: “Sustaining the prophets”
- Sister Carol F. McConkie: “Live according to the words of the prophets”
- Elder Robert D. Hales: “Eternal life — to know our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ”
- Elder James J. Hamula: “The sacrament and the Atonement”
- President Thomas S. Monson: “Ponder the path of thy feet”
Sunday Afternoon Session
- Elder M. Russell Ballard: “Stay in the boat and hold on!”
- Elder Richard G. Scott: “Make the exercise of faith your first priority”
- Elder Carlos A. Godoy: “The Lord has a plan for us”
- Elder Allan F. Packer: “The book”
- Elder Hugo E. Martinez: “Our personal ministries”
- Elder Larry S. Kacher: “Trifle not with sacred things”
- Elder David A. Bednar: “Proclaim the everlasting gospel”
- President Monson: “Until we meet again”
General Women’s Meeting
- Sister Burton: “Prepare for the temple”
- Sister Jean A. Stevens: “Covenant daughters of God”
- Sister Neill F. Marriott: “Sharing your light”
- President Uchtdorf: “Live the gospel joyful”
Over the next few days, I invite you to consider what will you do in the next six months because of what you learned at General Conference and share it using the hashtag #next6months. How do you want your life to change?