This weekend, I saw the movie Son of God. It’s the larger-than-life story of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
This epic movie is well done, covering key events from Jesus’ birth through his teachings, crucifixion, and resurrection.
Beyond the high-quality production values, I was impressed with how well the producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey handled the story, keeping it based on the Biblical accounts. It was reverent, respectful, and emotional.
This movie was made by the same people who produced The Bible TV series. It is the first major Christian movie this year, to be followed by several other feature films:
- Noah retells the story of the great flood. (March)
- God’s Not Dead is about a faithful college student who defends his belief against an atheistic professor. (March)
- Heaven Is for Real chronicles a 7-year-old’s recollection of being in heaven. (April)
- Exodus is the story of Moses leading the children of Israel from Egypt. (December)
- Mary, Mother of Christ is the story of Mary from her youth to her struggles as a young mother caring for her child Jesus. (1st quarter 2015)
I love this trend of faith-based themes in mainstream cinema and encourage you to support positive, values-based media.
- Learn more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ
- Read The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles (formatted PDF)
- Watch the video Finding Faith in Christ.
- Listen as Elder Jeffrey R. Holland testifies of Jesus Christ
- Watch the Life of Jesus Christ Bible Videos, a series similar to the The Bible TV series and the Son of God movie.