The article “New LDS Youth Curriculum for 2013” explains the new teaching resources for Aaronic Priesthood, Young Women, and youth Sunday School classes beginning in January 2013.
As explained in that article, there are no printed lesson manuals. Instead, all the teaching and learning resources are available online.
I have heard from many of you that you’re having trouble finding the resources online, so here are step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the page “Come, Follow Me: Learning Resources for Youth” at lds.org/youth/learn. Or you can navigate to it from the home page of LDS.org by clicking the menu Resources, then Magazines & Manuals, then All Manuals. Then click Come, Follow Me in the center of the page.
- On the Learning Resources page, there is a link in the middle of the page “Start Teaching” where you can click Aaronic Priesthood, Young Women, or Sunday School.
- Once you select AP, YW, or SS, you will see a list of months in the left column. For example, January’s lessons are about “The Godhead.”
- If you click January, then you see a page of information about the topic “The Godhead” and the lessons are links in the center of the page.
- When you click each lesson title, you will see a page of resources for teaching a lesson.
For example, if you had selected Aaronic Priesthood, then clicked January, then in the middle of the page, you see the lessons. There is 1 lesson that relates to Duty to God and 4 others. The 5 lessons for January are:
- How can I know my Heavenly Father?
- What do we know about the nature of the Godhead?
- Why is Jesus Christ important in my life?
- What are the roles of the Holy Ghost?
- Who am I, and who can I become?
I hope this helps. I’m really excited about the new way of teaching youth to prepare them better for missions (at a younger age) and for future life.
Please share below your experiences as you begin to teach the youth.