The page “How do I prepare myself and my family for general conference?” on LDS.org gives the ideas listed below. Consider reviewing these with your family during Family Home Evening tonight.
General conference is intended to be a revelatory experience as participants learn from living prophets and apostles through the power and influence of the Holy Ghost. Proper preparation will help ensure that you get the most out of your conference experience.
- Read about why we need prophets today.
- Read President Uchtdorf’s three basic steps of preparation.
- Review the highlights from last conference.
- Read how to prepare your children.
- Review the blessings of general conference.
- Read chapter 6 about general conference from the Institute manual Teachings of the Living Prophets Student Manual.
- Learn how general conference addresses individual circumstances.
- Ponder and record what concerns and questions you need inspiration for.