LDS Church Mobile Apps
The following are the mobile applications provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- Bible Videos. An interactive mobile version of the website at “The Life of Jesus Christ Bible Videos” (biblevideos.lds.org). Learn about Jesus and His teachings, explore biblical environments, watch scripture-based videos and photo slideshows, and discover interesting facts about biblical accounts. Languages: English. Available for: Apple iOS iPad only
- Book of Mormon. A free mobile app used to share a copy of the Book of Mormon with a friend. This is not the full-featured version of the scriptures available in the LDS Gospel Library app. It is a simple digital version of the Book of Mormon without footnotes or cross-references. Contains text in 32 languages and inline streaming audio recordings in 5 languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish).
- Coat: A Story of Charity, The. An interactive app for children based on the video “The Coat: A Story of Charity,” a story from the childhood of President Heber J. Grant that depicts a young boy giving selflessly to another child in need. Languages: English. Available for: iPad and Android tablets (but not smartphones)
- FamilySearch Indexing. This free mobile app lets you transcribe names and upload them to FamilySearch for submission. Available for: Apple iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Gospel Library. Download and study the scriptures, general conference addresses, Sunday manuals, and other Church content. Gospel Library allows you to search, bookmark, annotate, link, and highlight content. See a list of functions, languages, and content on each platform. Available for: Android, Apple iOS, BlackBerry, webOS, Windows Mobile, and a beta test version for standard feature phones
- LDS Music. Browse and search the Hymns and Children’s Songbook, view the words and sheet music, and listen to hymns and songs. Languages: Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Available for: Apple iOS
- LDS Tools. Download ward and stake directory information to your phone, as well as scheduled ward events from the Church’s new calendaring system. Languages: English. Available for: Android, Apple iOS, BlackBerry
- LDS Youth. Get the latest content from youth.lds.org on your mobile device. Languages: English. Available for: Android, Apple iOS
- Mormon Channel. The Church’s 24-hour audio and video station featuring gospel-oriented programs, music, and interviews, as well as scriptures, general conference, and Church magazines. Languages: English. Available for: Android, Apple iOS, BlackBerry, webOS
- Scripture Mastery. This app has games and quizzes to help you memorize scripture mastery verses and the Articles of Faith. Languages: English. Available for: Apple iOS
Android apps can be sideloaded onto Kindle Fire, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, or a generic Android tablet. See instructions for sideloading.
For more information about the official mobile apps provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, see mobile.lds.org.
See an infographic of the LDS mobile apps available from the Church. Useful as a handout to help others become aware of the mobile apps.
Need LDS content for your e-reader? Go to the library of EPUB files of Church publications.
There are no current plans to update the current Church Blackberry apps (Gospel Library, Mormon Channel, or LDS tools) to work on Blackberry 10.
See a list of the official LDS Church websites.