Resources for 2016 Mutual Theme Now Available

lds-press-forward-album-coverMusic, videos, articles, and graphics to support the 2016 Mutual theme are now available online at youth.lds.org. The theme was announced back in August.

Music

noelle-bybee_ldsAn entire album of music is available for download at youth.lds.org. Sheet music for male and female singers is also on that same page. Music with guitar chords is available here. All 11 songs are also on major music streaming platforms such as Pandora, Spotify, and Apple Music.

The album was written and performed entirely by youth. The theme song, “Press Forward,”  is sung by Noelle Bybee. She is a high school student from Ogden, Utah, who is a successful young artist. She competed in last season’s NBC television show The Voice. Read an interview with her on page 17 in the January issue of the New Era.

Listen to an interview with the producer and musician Nik Day. Upcoming interviews of the performers will be featured on the Youth Channel’s new series.

Videos

Below is the theme video “Press Forward With a Steadfastness in Christ,” which shows youth pressing forward with faith in Christ through the challenges of life. There are several other videos available online.

Graphics

Posters and art for t-shirts are also available at youth.lds.org.  These can be used at FSY conferences, youth conferences, and other ward and stake events.

2016-lds-Youth-Theme-MormonAd

More to Come

More resources for teaching the theme will be created each month to tie the theme with the Come, Follow Me lessons. You will find these in Church magazines, on social media accounts, and on LDS.org.

• ldsface2face-lds-rasbandFace to Face event. In January, Elder Ronald A. Rasband, Brother Owen, and Sister Oscarson will discuss the theme and answer questions from youth around the world. The 2016 theme song will also be performed.
  • Musical performances. Special performances of music related to the theme, including songs from the album, will be released throughout the year.
  • More animated videos. Episodes from the new animated video series for youth will be published each month on Church social media sites. See the two videos already published: “Why does God give us commandments?” and “How does keeping the commandments help us?
  • Social media. The LDS Youth Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram accounts (in English, Spanish, and Portuguese) will publish videos, stories, and other messages related to the theme each month.
  • Quote posters. Each month, shareable quote posters will be published at youth.lds.org and on social media sites.
  • #PressForward. When posting or searching for content related to the 2016 Mutual theme, please use the hashtag #PressForward.

lds-press-forward-3

For more information, please read the article “2016 Mutual Theme Resources Help Youth ‘Press Forward’.”

• Carrie England January 4, 2016, 1:35 pm

I am looking for the accompaniment for the theme song “Press Forward” On lds.org I only see sheet music for the male voice part.

Can you email me back and let me know where I can find the full accompaniment sheet music?

#PressForward

• Deborah Angus January 5, 2016, 2:24 pm

I am also looking for the sheet music for the Young Women.

• Larry Richman January 7, 2016, 1:05 pm

Deborah, the sheet music has now been posted online. I also emailed you a copy.

• Larry Richman January 7, 2016, 1:05 pm

Carrie, the sheet music has now been posted online. I also emailed you a copy.

• Suzi January 18, 2016, 10:15 am

The sheet music for the theme song is different than what is being sung. Is there another version we could have? The sheet music has a really large range and our girls need something more in the middle like what’s on the album. Thanks.

• Larry Richman January 20, 2016, 1:54 pm

Suzi,

The sheet music was recently updated. There are arrangements for male and for female. Hope that helps!

• Julia S. January 18, 2016, 2:11 pm

Dear Friends, where can I purchase the album, besides AppleMusic and Spotify? I live in Russia and these resources do not accept my Russian credit card or say they have not been launched in Russia yet. I have downloaded songs from LDS.org but I would like to download the album in better quality. Thank you very much.

• Larry Richman January 20, 2016, 1:49 pm

Julia, the music is also on Pandora if that helps. The files on LDS.org were recently updated with nicer high quality files. Try them now.

• Julia S. January 21, 2016, 3:39 am

Thank you very much!

• Garrett R. January 24, 2016, 4:11 pm

Is there a place we can find the chords to Press Forward, that could be played on a guitar or ukulele?

• Camille Schank January 24, 2016, 10:52 pm

Hi! I was wondering if for the press forward song if there is any guitar sheet music. We have some talented girls in our ward who were wanting to play and sing it at our new beginnings.

Thanks!
    Camille Schank

• Larry Richman January 25, 2016, 10:25 am

Garrett & Camille,

Sheet music with guitar chords is available here: http://ldsmediatalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Press-Forward-Guitar-Chords.pdf

• Dan May 22, 2016, 10:46 pm

My wife is looking for the music with guitar chords, but your google drive links on this page are not working. Could someone email that to me or fix the links? Thank you!

• Kelli Jones May 23, 2016, 5:55 pm

The link for the guitar chords is not working. Could I please get that e-mailed to me? Thank you so much!

• Larry Richman May 23, 2016, 7:19 pm

I just fixed the link. It works now.

• Beth October 4, 2016, 2:17 pm

Hi Larry, can you send me the link? The only one I’ve found isn’t actually working anymore.

• Ginger February 8, 2016, 3:24 pm

Hi. I was wondering if there is just the audio of the piano part of the Female Version of Press Forward?

• Amy March 13, 2016, 4:47 pm

Is there sheet music available for download for the cello part of “Press Forward” that was performed in the recent “Face to Face”? It was beautiful! Thank you!

• Kara July 15, 2016, 5:37 pm

I am trying to find the songs to download on LDS.org but I can’t find them anywhere

• Beth October 4, 2016, 2:16 pm

I’m looking for the sheet music (specifically piano) to “Press Forward”. The link for the sheet music is not working (ldsmedia.com/2015/12/22/resources-for-2016-mutual-theme-now-available/) This is the only link I’ve been able to find for it. Can anyone help me?

• Beth October 4, 2016, 2:36 pm

The link for Press Forward (2016 Youth Theme Song) is disabled on the lds.org/youth page as well. Can anyone help me get this fixed, or email me a copy?

• Larry Richman October 4, 2016, 10:25 pm

Beth,
      The links on the youth.lds.org page work for me. But for your convenience, I’ve emailed you the sheet music. There is a male version and a female version.

Larry Richman

• Randilee October 16, 2016, 3:47 pm

Is there sheet music available with the split SA chorus? I’m looking for something we can have the girls sing at YW in Excellence.