Leader & Clerk Resources: Manage Home & Visiting Teaching Online

lrcI mentioned previously that ward leaders would soon be able to manage home and visiting teaching and callings on LDS.org from any internet-connected device without having to use MLS on the computer at the church. It’s now here. (At least for my ward. If you can’t get access as described in this article, don’t worry. It will be coming to your ward very soon.)

In fact, you will no longer able to update callings and home/visiting teaching in MLS. Eventually, the stand-alone MLS program will just be a tool to manage finances.

lrc-menuYou can access Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) by clicking My Account and Ward in the upper right corner of LDS.org, and then selecting Leader and Clerk Resources. Or you can get there directly at LDS.org/lcr.

Below is a list of reports and functions you can now access in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR):

Home and visiting teaching management

  • Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available. Please note that home and visiting teachers cannot report their own visits. They will still need to report to your leader and the leader will enter the visits.

Organizations and callings

  • Stake and ward clerks and priesthood quorum and auxiliary presidencies can manage organization and calling information for their respective organizations.
  • Stake clerks can manage changes to stake presidency members and bishops and their contact information.
  • Stake and ward clerks can record callings for members who serve in the ward but whose membership records are not assigned to the ward, such as a young single adult ward bishop.
  • Ward organization information can now be viewed by the stake.
  • Callings by Organization now includes information about those serving from the ward as full-time missionaries.

Out-of-unit member management

  • Using the Membership menu, selected information for members whose membership records are not assigned to the ward but who regularly visit, such as a young woman visiting her father every other Sunday, can be included in appropriate ward lists, such as Young Women and Sunday School class rolls. However, responsibility for membership record updates, member interviews, and other related priesthood activities still remains with the member’s home ward.

Other items

  • The screens supporting confidential actions have been modified to look like other LCR screens.
  • The Confidential Member Information Report is now available to stake and ward clerks.

Who can access LCR?

  • Ward council members and their counselors and secretaries
  • Home/Visiting teaching coordinators and supervisors have access to enter their information.
  • See a complete list of callings that can access LCR.

The mobile-friendly LCR site works fine on a small screen, like your smartphone. You can also find many of these same functions in the LDS Tools mobile app.


{ 16 comments… add one }
  • Dustin Tyler Joyce June 19, 2015, 8:12 pm

    So glad this is finally here! Now I would just love to be able to record and track my quorum’s attendance using Clerk & Leader Resources. The paper attendance rolls have proven to be a bit unwieldy in our branch.

  • Donna June 20, 2015, 8:39 am

    How do we print out the routes and changes if we don’t have a printer at home?

  • Larry Richman June 20, 2015, 10:14 am


    If you don’t have a printer at home, you can still use the computer and printer in the clerk’s office.


    • Steve Jones January 8, 2017, 11:21 pm

      Print them directly to PDF then email the routes to each companionship.

      > Leader and Clerk Resources
      > Home and Visiting Teaching (at the time of this writing it’s a picture of an adult man, dark suit and young man white shirt)
      > Under ‘Home Teaching’ or ‘Visiting Teaching’ Title click ‘Companionship’ tab
      > Companionships appear and at the far right there are two choices ‘edit’, ‘print’
      > Click ‘print’
      > Depending on your browser this should bring up either a preview of the companionship with assignments that would be printed on paper or a printer dialogue box
      > If you have the ‘preview’ page, select ‘print’ if you have the printer dialogue select print as PDF
      > or from Google Chrome simply select the download button – this will download the file as a PDF to your computer
      > then you can email the companionship their assignment as a PDF attachment

  • LMH July 5, 2015, 9:51 pm

    I am a Stake RS President and do not have access to LCR. Do you know if that is being considered? It would be helpful for us to train ward presidencies and know what is available online for them.

  • Larry Richman July 6, 2015, 10:33 am


    There is a table at https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk-resources-access-table?lang=eng that shows the callings that have access to the LCR. You are correct that stake auxiliary presidencies don’t currently have access, but approval was recently granted and so they will get access the next time the LCR software is updated. I don’t have a date for it, but I assume it will be within a few months.


  • JM July 9, 2015, 5:42 pm

    Will we be able to submit VT numbers online? Or just print reports. I am trying to use this for the first time today and I’m finding it very frustrating. For starters, the reportable months rolled over with on the 1st, so even though I am trying to report numbers for April, May, June, I only have May, June, July available. Additionally, it looks like I can only print off the report, but can’t actually submit it. Some clarification would be nice. I can’t seem to find anything in the help or the tutorials. It all pertains to Priesthood callings and there is apparently nothing for auxiliary secretaries.

    • Steve January 8, 2017, 11:41 pm

      HOW TO CHANGE THE MONTHS BEING REPORTED in Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org

      – Under ‘Visiting Teaching’ – ‘Companionship’ tab (assuming its that same as Home Teaching)
      – You will see three column headings
      1) Teachers (these are the companionships)
      2) Households taught (these are the companionships assignments)
      3) (it show up to the current month we are in)
      IMPORTANT: There are arrows on each side of the months listed , these are navigation buttons that allow you to select the months you’d like to report. You can go back 12 months (plus the month we are in, so you can view 13 months)
      – Click the blank circle under the month you’d like to report
      – A selection box becomes available and you can choose from a ‘black circle with a white check mark’ for ‘VISITED’ or a ‘white circle with a black X’ for ‘NOT VISITED’
      – Clicking on either one will record your input
      – Should you need to make a change or revise the report, Click any already reported circle and an new option of ‘Mark as not recorded’ will appear below the VISITED/NOT VISITED choices

  • Larry Richman July 11, 2015, 7:21 am


    If you are in a Relief Society presidency, secretary, or VT coordinator or district supervisor, you can enter the visits online. Just go to lds.org/lcr, then click the menu Organizations, then Home & Visiting Teaching, then click either the Households or the Companionships tabs. Then all you have to do is check the box for the sisters who were visited.

    They just show the most recent 3 months, I guess because they assume the visits would be entered monthly, not just once a quarter.


  • Jen July 11, 2015, 5:20 pm

    Thanks so much for your reply Larry! Our stake, for whatever reason, does this quarterly. I was able to figure out how to get into the individual companionships and report on other months. So nice to be able to do this from home!

  • Toby Nixon July 18, 2015, 6:00 pm

    How do we move a family from the HPG to EQ for home teaching? Currently when a new member is moved into the ward, LCR (or whoever) makes some assumption about which organization they should be assigned to for home teaching, and the new family is visible to either the EQP or the HPGL, but not both. If they show up in HPG, but the PEC decides they should be home taught by EQ, we cannot figure out how to transfer them over. You can’t just assign them to someone in EQ like you could in LCR, because the drop-down list of available companionships only shows the HPG companionships for the HPGL, and only the EQ companionships for the EQP. How do we move families between organizations? Thanks!

  • Larry Richman July 19, 2015, 10:40 am


    Good question. I would talk with your ward clerk. He likely knows, or he could call the MLS hotline to find out.


  • Larry Richman July 24, 2015, 4:11 am

    Toby submitted a feedback request on the LCR page, and they responded. Here’s the solution Toby reported:

    Instead of working from the “Households” tab as we had been doing, you need to work from the “Companionships” tab. Go to the companionship to which you want to assign the family. Click the “Edit” button for that companionship. At the bottom of that companionship’s list of families, there is a green “+” that says “Add new assignment”. Click on that, and you get a search box with a drop down. The drop down lets you select whether you see All, Elders, or High Priests families, and Assigned or Unassigned families. You can type a partial name, and it will show you all the matches, including those in the other organization. Just select the family you want to assign to that companionship, and confirm if necessary. This way, the EQP can move families from the HPG to be home taught by the EQ, and the HPGL can move families from the EQ to be home taught by the HPG. But neither of them can SEND families to the other – you can only TAKE families from the other.

    Hopefully this advice will help others.

  • Berit August 18, 2015, 12:54 pm

    I checked the link and the link:
    makes no mention of VT Coordinators or Supervisors at this point. Thus far I have been taking screen shots of lists to then email to my supervisors so they can make their calls. No one in our ward was aware that Supervisors would have access, and we are just in the process of calling a bunch of new ones. I’d like to train them next month to go on the LCR and just want clarification that though not listed on the lds.org site, they can in fact go into the LCR as Supervisors and enter their own stats, rather than the Coordinator having to do that for them. Thanks so much!

  • Larry Richman August 19, 2015, 12:32 pm


    I have verified that HT/VT coordinators and supervisors have access to record visits.

    The following can enter VT/HT visits on LCR:
    • Bishop, acting ward leader, first counselor, second counselor, executive secretary, clerk, assistant clerk, assistant clerk membership
    • Corresponding positions in a branch
    • Relief Society president, first counselor, second counselor, secretary, assistant secretary
    • Elders quorum president, first counselor, second counselor, secretary, assistant secretary
    • High priests group leader, first assistant, second assistant, secretary, assistant secretary
    • All visiting teaching coordinators
    • All home and visiting teaching district supervisors (they only see their own district, whereas all others see all districts)


  • Raema Robertson September 16, 2015, 1:05 pm

    September 16, 2015
    Are there any Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) training videos available online?

Leave a Comment