Learn more about the history of LDSMediaTalk.com.
Reach of LDS Media Talk
I thought it would be fun to share some of the statistics about the readership of LDS Media Talk. Here is information about monthly readers:
- 18,000 monthly unique visitors to the website LDSMediaTalk.com. (It spiked at over 27,000 visitors in April because of people seeking information about general conference.)
- 1,325 subscribers to the RSS feed
- 10,225 people who follow the @ldsmediatalk Twitter feed and 1,485 follow @richmanlarry
- 2,000 people like the Facebook page facebook.com/mediatalk and 1,250 like my personal page facebook.com/larry.richman
- 1,335 people have the LDS Media Talk page on Google+ in their circles
That represents a total reach of nearly 36,000 people from 144 countries. Of course, some people follow on more than one of these channels, so they are not all unique readers. However, it also doesn’t include people who read the articles as they are syndicated across many other sites and blog aggregators, so the actual readers are likely many more than that.
For example, those who follow LDS Media Talk on Facebook have an average of 500 friends each (higher than the average of 229 across Facebook). Since the LDSMediaTalk posts also show up on their friends’ walls, that’s a potential for 1,625,000 additional people reading the posts!
Thanks for your support. If you like what you read on LDSMediaTalk.com, be sure to share it with family and friends. If you have any suggestions on topics you’d like to hear more about, please comment below.