Overcoming Pornography (OvercomingPornography.org) is an updated website from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that focuses on the power of Christ’s Atonement to help individuals overcome problems with pornography.
The site has the following sections:
- Individuals can learn how to prevent or recover from a pornography addiction.
- Family and friends can discover ways to help family members avoid or overcome pornography addiction.
- Church leaders can find ways to minister to members dealing with a pornography addiction.
You can also browse resources for preventing and overcoming pornography addiction.
The site includes the recovery story “Meet Troy” (watch video below). After many years of denial, Troy faced the reality of his addiction to pornography. Through honesty, repentance, and applying the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, he found peace. His life, his marriage, and his family were healed.
The site also has the recovery story “Meet Kerri” (watch video below). Kerri was devastated when she learned of her husband’s addiction to pornography, but she found hope and healing through Jesus Christ and His Atonement.
The site was previous called CombatingPornography.org. It will be translated into 10 languages over the coming months. Learn more about the new site in the article “New Site Focuses on Overcoming Pornography through Atonement.”
Here are several other great resources from the Church on overcoming pornography:
- My Battle with Pornography.” A teenager’s story of his battle to break free from his addiction to pornography.
- Questions and Answers About Pornography.
- “Breaking a Pornography Addiction.” Ideas on how to overcome an addiction.
- Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts. A booklet that provides counsel on how to avoid, resist, and overcome pornography. Read it online or get a free copy of the booklet.
- “To Look Upon.” In this video, Elder Dallin H. Oaks shares the story of King David and Bathsheba to explain the importance of avoiding the trap of pornography. Despite his spiritual gifts, David gave in to temptation and fell from his exaltation.
- Things As They Really Are. In this video, Elder David A. Bednar warns of the harmful effects digital technologies can have on our souls and invites us to ask ourselves two questions to see if we are using these technologies properly.
- “Standards of Strength.” President Thomas S. Monson explains the Lord’s code of conduct and explains that joy and happiness come from living the way the Lord wants you to live.
You can find other resources for avoiding or overcoming pornography on the page Resources in Overcoming Pornography.