Here’s a personal experience. I took several photos in September while at the open house of the Brigham City Temple with my family. This temple is special to me because I used to live in the adjoining block and my elementary school was on the block where the temple now stands.
Some of the photos I took turned out pretty well, so I submitted them through Create.lds.org, and one of my photos was chosen to be published in the In the News section on page 78 of the January Ensign in an article about the dedication of the temple. It makes me feel good that my talents can benefit the Church.
Here’s my photo of the Brigham City LDS Temple:
See other member-submitted photos that have been used:
- See the photo used on the front cover of the December 2012 issue of the Ensign and Liahona magazines.
- See a showcase of member-submitted photos.
- See a showcase of member-submitted photos that have been used on LDS.org.
- For a more complete gallery, visit the LDS Media Library.
- Learn how you can submit your photos.
Member-submitted music is also being used:
- A new exhibit at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors’ Center features 9 member-submitted songs.
- Find out how you can contribute your music to the Church.