Various LDS wards, stakes, and other organizations present live Nativity experiences. Some are simple representations of the birth of Jesus and others are more elaborate, interactive experiences.
In some, people dress in period costumes and participate in old-world markets where they buy things like bread and olives. Roman soldiers interrupt the bustle. People walk around with candels and sing carols. Then the angel appears and the story unfolds with Mary, Joseph, and live animals. For some, this is an event filled with music and singing that they will never forget.
Below is a listing of live Nativities that I’ve heard about:
- Echoes of Christmas at Liberty Park in Salt Lake City. See www.echoesofchristmas.com/)
- Draper Utah River View Stake is putting on “A Live Nativity” Nov. 26-29, 2012, at 12100 So 700 West, (east side of road in back parking lot of church) from 6-9 pm.
- Bethlehem revisited in Waxahachie Tx.
- Live Nativity in Las Vegas, NV. See www.thenativitylv.com.
- Community Nativity Celebration in North Texas. See thecommunitynativity.com.
- Brea, CA. Dec 7th & 8th Live Nativity 151 N. Poplar, Brea Ca 92821. 2 showings every night & refreshments will be served after each show.
- Night in Bethlehem at Stonegate Center for the Arts in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Must have a free ticket. See stonegatearts.com.
- Tuacahn in St.George, UT. See tuacahn.org
- Christmas Nativity Open House in Herriman, Utah (7079 W Rose Canyon Rd). Friday, November 30th, 6:00-9:00 pm and Saturday, December 1st, 5:00-8:00 pm. The Open House will feature, a Live Nativity, Music, Drama, Dancing, Children’s Art, Nativity Collections, and other displays that celebrate the birth of the Savior.
- Live nativity in Nibley (Cache Valley) Utah
- Paoli Christian Church’s “Follow the Star” in Paoli, IN. See news article.
- Calgary, Canada See calgarynativity.org and bit.ly/calnatinv for resource files and commentary.
If you are aware of others, please comment about them below.