Patriarchal Blessing Request

by Larry Richman on April 11, 2012

Did you know that you can request online a copy of patriarchal blessings? You may request a copy of your own patriarchal blessing or that of a deceased, direct-line ancestor.

A copy of the blessing is mailed to you free of charge.

Patriarchal blessings are given to worthy members of the Church by ordained patriarchs. Learn more about patriarchal blessings in the Study by Topic section of LDS.org.

joan hamblin April 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Can a parent order a blessing of an adult child? Thanks

Larry Richman April 18, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Joan, the instructions on the site say “You may request a copy of your own patriarchal blessing or a deceased, direct-line ancestor.”

Ellen Nicoll May 6, 2012 at 12:25 am

My Mum would love a new cope of her Blessing but does not have internet access. How can I help her get her own new copy? Thanks

Larry Richman May 6, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Ellen, your mother can mail a request to
Church History Library
Attn: Patriarchal Blessings
15 East North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-1600

She should provide the following information:
Her Church membership record number. (To obtain the required Church membership record number, please see your ward membership clerk.)
Her name as it appears on the blessing.
Her birth date .
Name of patriarch giving blessing and stake in which the blessing was received, if she knows it.
Approximate year the blessing was given.
Her mailing address

Ignacio Castelo May 26, 2012 at 8:18 am

I am an ordained Patriarch of Santiago Philippine stake and at present was with my daughter here at Frisco TX I bring with me copies of patriarchal blessings to submit to this office what shall I do.

Larry Richman May 26, 2012 at 10:53 am

Ignacio, Ask your stake president for instructions.

Larry Brasher July 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Is there, or is there in the planning stages, a way to get a digital copy of a deceased ancestor’s partriarchal blessing?

Thank you.

Larry Richman July 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Larry Brasher, you may request a patriarchal blessing of a deceased, direct-line ancestor. I don’t know if they email a digital copy or if they mail a paper copy. you could always scan the paper cou to digitize it.

Vivien Seppings April 13, 2014 at 5:01 am

My birthdate in my Patriarchal blessing is wrong ,what should I do?

Larry Richman April 14, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Vivien,

I would suggest you talk with your bishop about this. He sould know what to do, or he can find out from the stake patriarch or stake president.

Thanks.