Patriarchal Blessing Request

Did you know that you can request online a copy of patriarchal blessings? You may request a copy of your own patriarchal blessing or that of a deceased, direct-line ancestor.

A copy of the blessing is mailed to you free of charge.

Patriarchal blessings are given to worthy members of the Church by ordained patriarchs. Learn more about patriarchal blessings in the Study by Topic section of LDS.org.

• joan hamblin April 17, 2012, 3:29 pm

Can a parent order a blessing of an adult child? Thanks

• Larry Richman April 18, 2012, 8:18 pm

Joan, the instructions on the site say “You may request a copy of your own patriarchal blessing or a deceased, direct-line ancestor.”

• Ellen Nicoll May 6, 2012, 12:25 am

My Mum would love a new cope of her Blessing but does not have internet access. How can I help her get her own new copy? Thanks

• Larry Richman May 6, 2012, 4:47 pm

Ellen, your mother can mail a request to
    Church History Library
    Attn: Patriarchal Blessings
    15 East North Temple Street
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-1600

She should provide the following information:
    Her Church membership record number. (To obtain the required Church membership record number, please see your ward membership clerk.)
    Her name as it appears on the blessing.
    Her birth date .
    Name of patriarch giving blessing and stake in which the blessing was received, if she knows it.
    Approximate year the blessing was given.
    Her mailing address

• Ignacio Castelo May 26, 2012, 8:18 am

I am an ordained Patriarch of Santiago Philippine stake and at present was with my daughter here at Frisco TX I bring with me copies of patriarchal blessings to submit to this office what shall I do.

• Larry Richman May 26, 2012, 10:53 am

Ignacio, Ask your stake president for instructions.

• Larry Brasher July 23, 2012, 8:20 pm

Is there, or is there in the planning stages, a way to get a digital copy of a deceased ancestor’s partriarchal blessing?

Thank you.

• Larry Richman July 29, 2012, 2:24 pm

Larry Brasher, you may request a patriarchal blessing of a deceased, direct-line ancestor. I don’t know if they email a digital copy or if they mail a paper copy. you could always scan the paper cou to digitize it.

• Vivien Seppings April 13, 2014, 5:01 am

My birthdate in my Patriarchal blessing is wrong ,what should I do?

• Larry Richman April 14, 2014, 12:33 pm

Vivien,

I would suggest you talk with your bishop about this. He sould know what to do, or he can find out from the stake patriarch or stake president.

Thanks.