The Church History Department has released Histories, Volume 1: Joseph Smith Histories, 1832-1844, the latest book in the Joseph Smith Papers project. The 686-page book is now available in stores and online for $54.95.
This is the sixth book of the project now available in print. It contains a large number of historical narratives, including accounts of Joseph Smith’s earliest heavenly manifestations and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, the organization of the Church, among other well-known stories.
Histories, Volume 2: Assigned Historical Writings, 1831-1847 is scheduled to be released later this year and will include histories that were assigned, but not overseen by Joseph Smith.
The entire collection of books from the Joseph Smith Papers project will include approximately 20 volumes. The following books were released previously:
- Journals, Volume One: 1832-1839
- Journals, Volume Two: Dec 1831-Apr 1843
- Revelations and Translations: Manuscript Revelation Books, Facsimile Edition
- Revelations and Translations, Volume One: Manuscript Revelation Books
- Revelations and Translations, Volume Two: Published Revelations
Visit JosephSmithPapers.org to learn more about the project and to access supplemental unpublished documents.