The Friend magazine is introducing new features in the magazines in 2012. These new features will help children and leaders improve gospel study at home and at church. The following will be available in 2012:
- Scripture Figures – 10 issues of the magazine will include cutout figures of Book of Mormon prophets and stories, including Nephi and Captain Moroni. These stories correspond to lessons found in the Primary 4: Book of Mormon manual, which is used this year in Primary.
- Question Corner – Children’s answers to questions such as how to be a good friend or how to be a missionary will be found every other month in the Friend magazine.
- I can play it! – This new department will feature simplified large-note versions of songs from the Children’s Songbook.
- For older kids – This 4-page deparment will include stories on topics of interest to preteens.
- Follow the Prophet – Starting in August, this new section will highlight stories from the life of President Thomas S. Monson.
Learn more in the article “New Features Kick Off Issues of the 2012 Friend Magazine.”