Daughters in My Kingdom Website

by Larry Richman on September 7, 2011

The Church has just posted a new website about the book Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society. The site contains resources designed to help leaders understand the purposes and uses of this new book, including ideas on how to teach from it and use it in Relief Society meetings.

A PDF of the manual showing the graphic layout will be placed on LDS.org within a few days, and the searchable text in English will be posted by the 24th.

Wilma Aebischer September 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

I am excited about this new book coming out, although it is not for sale in my bookstore, it will be great for the Sisters in the church to have it. Some of my ancestors were in the original Relief Society. I have served in the Relief Society in several different positions, including Ward president, and Stake Presidency. I presently have 4 sisters on my visitiing teaching district that are totally inactive. i look forwrad to getting one of these books for each one of them. I can hardly wait for this book to be available.

Susan Kay Remington September 9, 2011 at 10:09 am

I am hoping I will be obtained one of these books. I’m curious to see what is in it and what will help me to be a more functional Daughter of God.

Dottie Prince September 9, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I am so looking forward to this book. The sisters in our branch all seem to be struggling for better direction and, from what I have seen of the book, it will be a great help to them and to me. As our branch Relief Society president, I am always searching for new ways to help my sisters recognize WHO they are and what great potential for good they possess. Looking forward to using this book in the coming months!

dj September 9, 2011 at 2:54 pm

when will these arrive. i saw the post on the church site weeks ago. my rs president had not even heard of this new book .
from what sister beck stated about this new manual i am excited to learn and grow.

Larry Richman September 10, 2011 at 2:30 pm

DJ,

A letter was sent to all bishops several weeks ago telling them about the book and that it would be shipped to them. Most of the wards and branches in US should have received their books by now. Ask your bishop or branch president on Sunday, and hopefully he has received them.

Sharon Garrick September 10, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Please, when are we getting this book in Australia?