Online Ward Directory with Photos

by Larry Richman on July 8, 2011

With the new tools on LDS.org, many wards are rethinking their policy on printing directories and phone lists. It’s been years since our ward printed a directory. As people request a ward list, we’re happy to print them one on the spot from the ward computer, but most of our members are well served by the online directory, which has the latest changes.

The LDS.org directory also lets individuals and families upload photos, and you can choose to include these photos on the ward list.

Add Photos

Go to the ward directory on LDS.org, which is found in the Tools menu. If you haven’t yet signed in, you will need to enter your LDS Account.

1. Select your name from the list, then click Edit Profile.
  2. You will then see an option to upload a photo of your family, as well as photos of each member of your family.
  3. Check the box at the top of that column to allow members of your ward and stake to see your household information.
  4. Then check the box next to the photos to allow them to show in the ward directory. If you don’t check the box, the photos will be viewable only by the bishopric and stake presidency. (If these boxes are grayed out, you need to first check the box at the top of the column to give permission for your information to be viewable.)

While there, be sure to update your household phone number and e-mail, as well as personal phone numbers and e-mail addresses for each member of your family.

See photos

To see photos of the families in the ward, click Photos in the navigation on the left side of the page.

Print directory

Print a directory of your ward using the Print button in the upper right. The print menu lets you include or exclude photos and other information that individual members have chosen to make available to the ward and stake.

Kris July 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I am somewhat computer literate but just cannot get onto my ward or stake directory online. At one point the whole thing came up in Spanish and I couldn’t get into English. When one has to attend classes to learn how to navigate the whole thing it is too much. We are not all tech savvy. I cannot get into my stake calendar to figure schedules around stake conference etc. And then there are some who don’t have computers. Just make it easy and simple, I beg.

Curtis Ross July 8, 2011 at 10:16 pm

You guys should do a post about LDSplan.com. Its significantly improved the home and visiting teaching in my ward. It schedules and reports for you, I haven’t made any phone calls for home teaching in months.

Paula N. July 9, 2011 at 2:08 am

I love the online ward directory. I found it extremely easy to navigate and it’s easy to get to the other wards in my stake. My only gripe with the whole online directory is that we have four stakes in very close proximity and there is no way for me to look at the other stakes. I realize it’s probably some sort of privacy concern but when you have students from two different stakes attending the same seminary, it’s really hard for the teachers to get hold sometimes of both directories. Having some sort of “regional” access would be awfully nice …

Wilma Roberts February 24, 2013 at 1:40 am

I was able to locate the ward directory. It is easy to navigate if you can find
it. I just get used to a site and then it is changed. Can you make it simpler?

judy September 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I have spent about a half hour trying to find my ward directory and still haven’t found it. Where is it?????

Larry Richman September 30, 2013 at 9:24 am

Judy,

At the top of any page on LDS.org, click “Sign In/Tools” and then click “Directory.” See http://ldsmediatalk.com/2013/02/15/stake-and-ward-tools-on-lds-org-in-10-languages/ for more information.

S. Thomas Lewis January 19, 2014 at 11:58 pm

The ward directory information on lds.org is up to date. However, the information on the LDS Tools Ward Directory is not. What do I need to do to update it?

Larry Richman January 20, 2014 at 12:18 am

Thomas, On the LDS Tools mobile app, click the home tab, then Sync. That should do it.