Mormon Channel Application Now for Android Phones

I’m listening to the Mormon Channel (radio.lds.org) on my new Android phone right now. Awesome.

You can get the new application for Android phones by going to the Android market on your phone and searching “Mormon Channel” to download.

Other ways you can listen to the Mormon Channel:

• iPhone application
  • Palm application
  • Internet at radio.lds.org
  • Podcasts
  • HD Radio in 8 large markets

Coming Soon:

• Windows Mobile Support
  • Blackberry Support

• James Anderson April 20, 2010, 11:42 am

If your Android phone has a barcode reader app such as ZXing (‘Zebra Crossing’) or Barcode Scanner, you can go to the page below and scan the QR code and go directly to the app in the Android Market. What are QR codes? There’s a good article in Wikipedia about them. The QR code for Mormon Channel Lite is just to the left of the Mormon Channel logo on this page:

• Steve Evans April 20, 2010, 12:06 pm

Does the app do anything besides stream the audio for the channel? It doesn’t seem to indicate show schedules, provide access to podcasts, etc.

• Scott Simmons April 20, 2010, 12:07 pm

Also, digging around on the LDSTech wiki I found this page which has a link to download and manually install an early access version of the Gospel Library for Android. Looks pretty good so far!

• Camille April 20, 2010, 1:20 pm

Whoo Hoo! I have been waiting for this! Thanks!

• Scott Simmons April 20, 2010, 5:30 pm

@steve, it looks like this is an extremely early beta with no functionality beyond the simple streaming of the channel. You can use this page to keep tabs on where the project is at functionality wise.

• Daniel Baker May 4, 2010, 10:48 pm

There is also a Mormon Channel Lite. I just downloaded the LDS live stream though. Why get all involved in QR codes? I typed in LDS Radio in the market search and had it downloaded in 60 seconds.

Lastly: I don’t know about the Gospel Library – I will say that some very kind developers made a Droid app called Reveal, and you can get a really wide variety of LDS resources there – besides all scriptures there are conf talks, all church mags, Teachings of each of the prophets, and much more lliterature like Josephus, etc, Yes Free, thanks developers.

• Marceus Fresnel August 30, 2013, 11:37 pm